Powered By Blogger

WORST IMPACT OF TECHNOLOGY





Every one focuses on the advantages of technology and of course it has giant share of advantages but one major drawback where I want to draw attention, is due to artificial intelligent.

An artificial intelligent is a system where human do not have to memorize things i.e. notes fetcher that is present in email and even in cellular, now you do not have to memorize the birthdays of any. Just put a note on calendar it will blink on the same date that you have put a note. Similarly other notes like meeting, anniversaries and etc. 

Yes it is an advantage but how they impact on us, following case will define this clear
One of my Pakistani teacher once visited USA and he share his following experience with me:

I was in USA for my company work; I was on the way to office but was unable to find the address of the office where I want to go. I saw children of age above 12 playing there, I ask them about the address,
They put on the address on to their cellular devices (may be on google map) and found the address.
Amazingly I was standing on the same address and the place was away, just on few steps on foot. Hardly around 10 to 12 steps, I was amazed to know that, I am not familiar of the state but the child who told me about the address who were living in the same street have not even memorized it, he put on the address on device and told me that you are at the same address.


This much we are depending on devices, we even do not care to memorize addresses that are on over foot step. Thru this the young generation is losing their power of memorizing the things specially the generation of developed countries, even they do not care about it.  But if ever we notice that countries that are not much developed or have not adopted advance technologies like Pakistan, still the generation has a habit memorizing things and of course we the people of Pakistan are not much dependent on technology. Suppose if you are in Karachi and you ask the address of “SADAR” or “MAZAR-E-QUAID” even a 12 years old guy will tell you the address & the direction of the place too because we are not completely depending on advancement.

Another experience he shared that:
When I visit one of the departmental store of USA & purchased some stuff of cost $143.45/- I went to counter and I present $200 & the change amount of $43 and 45 cents, the lady on counter refuse to take the change of $43.45 by clamming that it may defect the calculation and she took $200 and after calculating on counter machine she gave me remaining balance amount.
While we have experienced this money change phenomenon many time in Pakistan i.e. if the bill is of amount Rs.143/- and we give Rs.200 plus change of Rs.43, the shop keeper will happily give Rs.100 the balance about even without calculating on machine.
This is the edge for less developed countries that they have a habit of memorizing and can calculate figures without machines. Still some people here in Pakistan calculate the figures without using calculators.



This was the drawback that we should consider and also work on it, of course we have to move along the world and have to accept the advancement but we should not neglect the negative portion of technology.

Thanks for Reading Do Share and Comment
Follow up 

Rizwan Wali

No comments:

Post a Comment

FIRST EVER INTERVIEW OF THE OWNER OF GAME BLUE WHALE

  FREE ENTERTAINMENT 99             As you know that the owner of blue whale game (the killer game) has been arrested and was sent to ja...